RETAIL SHOP MANAGER
Dan and Debbie’s Creamery is looking for a dedicated Shop Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for supporting and collaborating with the creamery team in all aspects of the business including customer service, managing staff, prep, promo and sales, cleaning, tracking and ordering inventory and supplies, and all other day-to-day tasks.
- Be an expert in all things dairy: Have knowledge of all of our products, serve our customers and have a strong understanding of our customers and how the business works.
- Superior customer service: Cultivate a warm and welcoming environment for every customer coming into the store, build relationships with our many regular customers and create a memorable experience for people coming to the Shop for the very first time.
- Meticulous record keeper: Keep track of every item that enters and leaves the store on a day to day basis. Always think 2 steps ahead about what we are running low on and will need!
- Promote a positive workplace: Our people are at the core of our success. You will play a pivotal role in maintaining a safe, supportive and inclusive work environment for everyone who works in our store.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees to tasks and jobs as needed; also includes following up on work results
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning and monitoring job results
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
- Works with marketing director to merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Flexibility: to work on the occasional weekend and occasional holiday is necessary for this position. (Note: Our highest traffic times are summer, holiday-time and weekends.)
- Passion: for artisanal/gourmet food and amazing customer service
- Experience: 1+ years food retail manager/assistant manager experience
Strength + Stamina: Ability to work on your feet and lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs)