Ice Cream In A Bag
There is no better time to enjoy ice cream that during the summer months. Ice Cream in a Bag is a fun activity for kids! Kids can help shake the bags and of course finish off the ice cream. Don’t forget some toppings or sauces to sprinkle on top!
▢ 1/2 cup Dan & Debbie’s Whipping Cream
▢ 1/2 cup Dan & Debbie’s Whole Milk
▢ 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
▢ 1 tbsp sugar
▢ 1/2 cup salt
▢ Ziploc bags 1 Small, 1 Large
- Pour the milk and cream into a small Ziploc bag.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Add Vanilla and Sugar to bag.
- Seal the bag firmly and get as much excess air out as possible.
- In the larger Ziploc bag, fill it about 1/2 way with ice. Add 1/ cup of salt.
- Place your small Ziploc bag with contents in the large bag with ice and fill with extra ice on top.
- Seal the large bag.
- Begin shaking for approx. 6 minutes-8 minutes
- Take the small bag out of the large bag and rinse the outside of the small bag with cold water. Make sure to rinse out the top part of the bag also (above the seal).
- Once done rinsing, carefully open the small bag to not get any remaining salt from the outside of the bag inside the bag.
- The ice cream will be a little icy looking to start. Use a spoon to mix it around and soften it up a bit. Scoop out and enjoy! NOTE: If it’s not firm enough you can place in the freezer for 8-10 minutes for firmer ice cream.
- Posted by Josie Rozum
- On July 11, 2022
- 0 Comments