Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
Winter calls for roasts. Lots and lots of roasts. They’re warm, they’re quick, and they’re easy!
- 1 Chuck Roast (sizes will vary and that’s okay)
- 1 Bag of Potatoes Quartered
- 1 Bunch of Carrots Peeled and Cut
- 1 Yellow Onion Quartered
- 2 Cans of Golden Mushroom Soup
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Salt & Pepper
- Splash of Red Wine
- 1 Package of Dinner Rolls for serving
- Butter for Serving
- Salt your roast on all sides and then in a large Cast Iron Skillet heat olive oil and sear the Roast for about 2 minutes on each side or until you get a crust.
- In a large bowl add the onion soup mix, golden mushroom soup, beef broth, splash of wine, and stir until combined.
- In your crock pot add in a splash of your sauce, your roast, potatoes, carrots, and salt & pepper. Cover with the rest of the sauce mix and coat everything as best you can.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Remove the roast and cut it into chunks.
- Remove 2 cups of the liquid from the crockpot and make a gravy following the instructions on the cornstarch container.
- Add the meat and the gravy back into your crockpot, stir and serve with butter and rolls. ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On December 17, 2021
- 0 Comments