RECIPE: Cozy Shepherd’s Pie
Cozy Shepherd’s Pie
This meal is coziness in a dutch oven, just thinking about this Shepherd’s Pie makes me happy and warm! I love how easy it is to make and that it tastes even better the days following. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 1.5 lbs. Oneida Potatoes cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 Whole Carrots Peeled & Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 1 Half Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- 3t Freshly Chopped Thyme (divided)
- 4 T Sour Cream
- 3 T Butter
- Whipping Cream (Optional)
- 2 t Garlic Powder
- 3 oz of Tomato Paste
- 1.5lbs Ground Beef
- 2 T Flour
- 3/4 cup Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Shredded Farmhouse Cheddar
- Set your oven to broil on High
- Put your diced potatoes into a medium pot of salted water. Water should cover the potatoes and then slightly more. Boil and cook until fork tender. Roughly 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set in a bowl with the sour cream, butter, and 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme. Mash until the potatoes are smooth – add whipping cream if needed to get the desired consistency. Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- While potatoes cook, in a medium oven-safe pan heat a drizzle of oil over med-high heat. Add in your carrots, salt & pepper, and cook until softened. Add celery, onion, garlic, and more salt & pepper and cook until tender. Once tender add in your garlic powder and 2 t of the freshly chopped thyme.
- Add in your beef to the pan of veggies and cook until browned, breaking into pieces. Add in the tomato paste, flour, and a touch more salt & pepper. Stir until combined for one minute. Add in your beef stock and stir. Cook until it thickens.
- Top your beef and vegetable mixture with your mashed potatoes leaving a 1-inch gap around the pan. Sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Throw in the oven to broil until browned. Serve and ENJOY!
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On November 5, 2021
- 0 Comments