APPLE CRISP A LA MODE
This perfectly sweet apple crisp can be paired with any Dan and Debbie’s Creamery Ice Cream to make loads of fun combinations.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Quick Oatmeal
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 4 cups Chopped and Peeled Apples
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 T Cornstarch
- 1 t Vanilla
- A Drizzle of Grazing Goat Dairy Caramel Sauce (optional but highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Press half of the crumble into a 9″ square pan and cover with the apples.
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Cook and stir until thick and clean.
- Pour over apples, drizzle with caramel and then sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with a BIG scoop of Dan & Debbie’s Ice Cream.
Our Favorite A La Mode Flavors
Classic A La Mode
with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
with Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Apple Pecan Crunch
with Buttered Pecan Ice Cream
- Posted by Dacey Johnson
- On April 16, 2021
- 0 Comments