Real Homemade Butter Recipe
Nothing beats homemade butter made with our fresh whipping cream. Give this recipe a try and taste the difference farm-fresh cream makes in real butter. Adding cinnamon, onion and chive, or cranberries can give your butter a festive twist.
1 pint of Dan and Debbie’s Whipping Cream
4 Cups of Ice Water
Salt, Seasonings, or Herbs to Taste (optional)
- (Optional prep) Allow cream to set at room temperature for 30 min. to speed separation process.
- Pour cream into mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer with wire whisk attachment if possible. Start on low working up to high speed.
- In approximately 5 min. butterfat will separate from buttermilk. Once butterfat coagulates and sticks to beaters, drain buttermilk into a mason jar for later use.
- Pour 2 cups ice water over butter, into a bowl, and rinse remaining buttermilk out of butter by running the mixer on medium speed. Use a towel to cover bowl and prevent splashing.
- Once again, drain excess water at the bottom of mixing bowl, this time draining into the sink.
- Repeat cold water rinse a few more times until water is clear after mixing. Drain any remaining water into the sink.
- Using a spatula, loosen butter from the beaters or whisk and press butter onto the side of the bowl to remove any excess moisture.
- Add desired seasonings (e.g. salt, cinnamon, honey, onion and chive, cranberries, etc.)
Spread the butter on fresh rolls or use for cooking. Enjoy!
- Posted by Josie Rozum
- On December 12, 2017
- 0 Comments